Director of Field Marketing
What are we looking for?
Acquia is hiring a Director of Field Marketing to promote the unique brand of Acquia, the benefits of open source technology, and awareness and understanding of Drupal in conjunction with our field sales, business development, and partner initiatives. The individual must have a strong knowledge and passion for business to business technology marketing and must be able to articulate it clearly, communicate it visually, and present its complex messages simply. The Director will be a fundamental player in shaping Acquia’s internal and external programs and go to market strategies to targeted audiences and be able to leverage offline and online experience in order to do so. The position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
What will you do?
- Overseeing corporate b2b field marketing efforts including events, press relations, webinars, newsletters, tradeshows in the US and abroad in conjunction with field sales, business development, global partners and training
- Planning, scheduling, budgeting, implementing and coordinating the above efforts
- Supporting our lead gen and social media programs with initiatives tailored to specific industry verticals and segments
- Developing supporting collateral materials including direct mail, radio and other suitable tools and methods
- Knowledge of social media and related platforms in order to deploy and optimize SEO tracking trends, and to take advantage of conversations around cloud, web 2.0, and social-business software and other relevant topics
- Playing an active role in support of our corporate PR activities globally
- Being an active member of the marketing team who is willing to take on other tasks and projects to assist the CMO and team as required
What do you bring to the team?
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills across all channels including press releases, blog posts, articles, speaking submissions and social-media communications
- Experience in the technology of publishing and social media with open source experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Fanatical work ethic
- Highly organized
- Able to work across cultures
- College Graduate with 10+ years of experience in lead gen, b2b marketing, field support, web technology, and communications. Recent experience with related technology marketing firms is ideal
What can we offer you?
- Fabulous company benefits and a fast paced, highly motivated, enormously fun work environment.
- The opportunity to build a global brand and business.
- A career with tons of potential to grow within the company. Let us help you build yours!
The position is based in our Woburn office, just north of Boston, Massachusetts.